Monday, February 10, 2014

Teachings of Mormon and Moroni ~ The Duty to Witness

Behold, I am laboring with them continually; and when I speak the word of God with sharpness they tremble and anger against me; and when I use no sharpness they harden their hearts against it; wherefore, I fear lest the Spirit of the Lord hath ceased striving with them.  For so exceedingly do they anger that it seemeth me that they have no fear of death; and they have lost their love, one towards another; and they thirst after blood and revenge continually.
And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God. (Moroni 9: 3-6)
 
As members of Christ's Church, we must be willing to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places (Mosiah 18:9) as did Mormon and Moroni.
 
Text from Book of Mormon
Picture from www.lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment