Sunday, December 17, 2017

My Own Holy Night


'Twas the week before Christmas and all through the flat
Not a creature was stirring, not even the cat.

My family and I were tucked snuggly in bed
When I saw a light flash just north of my head.

I answered nature's call,  then sat in my chair
And looked at the mountains to see what was there.

First the lightning flashed, then the thunder roared.
A sight and a sound that could not be ignored!

As I heard the wind, the storm moving south.
I was awestruck by nature and still was my mouth.
Words can barely describe God's Majesty displayed
As if He were saying, " Daughter be not dismayed.

"My timing is perfect; Know that I'm in control
"You can trust Me, beloved with your heart and your soul."

Then the thunder abated and so did the light
Gentle rain fell to earth on my own holy night.
Kathleen Rawlings Buntin Danielson
© Gebara Education, December 15, 2017.  All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment