Sunday, August 12, 2012

Thoughts on Integrity



Transcend political correctness and strive for human righteousness.
~Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best
each and every day.
~Abraham Lincoln

If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
~Alan Simpson

Don't try to be different. Just be good.
To be good is different enough.
~Arthur Freed

Are right and wrong convertible terms,
dependant upon popular opinion?
~William Lloyd Garrison

The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right.
~William Safire

Try not to become a man of success but rather
try to become a man of value.
~Albert Einstein

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad.
That's my religion.
~Abraham Lincoln

Every time I've done something that doesn't feel right,
it's ended up not being right.
~Mario Cuomo

Be always sure you're right, then go ahead.
~Davy Crockett

My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people:
those who work and those who take the credit.
He told me to try to be in the first group;
there was less competition there.
~Indira Gandhi

I would rather be right than President.
~Henry Clay, speech, 1850

I never did, or countenanced, in public life, a single act inconsistent with the strictest good faith; having never believed there was one code of morality
for a public, and another for a private man.
~Thomas Jefferson, 1809

It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty
and how few by deceit.
~Noël Coward, Blithe Spirit

The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between political parties either -
but right through every human heart.
~Alexander Solzhenitsyn

No comments:

Post a Comment