Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Know Who You Are and Be Not Distracted


Linda K Burton
 
WHAT?

Sister Burton talked about being true disciples of Jesus Christ by serving others.  She told the parable of the rich young man who could not give up the things of the world to follow the Savior.  She then told of the prophet, Mormon, who boldly declared: "I am a disciple of the Lord, Jesus Christ" even though he lived in one of the most wicked times in his people's history.  She said: "Mormon knew who he was and was not distracted.

SO WHAT?

So many of us don't know who we are.  We forget that it is in our divine nature to nurture and love as the Savior loved.  We belittle ourselves and we become distracted by the things of this world.  Like Martha, there are things that need to be done.  But like Mary, there are also times to be still and know that He is God.  As a disciple of Jesus Christ, I must remember that Jesus loved both women.  There is a time to be Martha, but there is a time to be Mary as well.

NOW WHAT?

I need to slow down.  I need to pray more.  I need to listen more.  I need to be more patient.  I need to serve more.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I will not be distracted!

Text copyright April 2014, Gebara Education 

Picture from www.lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment