Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rejoice in Our Divine Differentness.

Bonnie L. Oscarson
 
 
WHAT?
We cannot call ourselves Christians and continue to judge others and ourselves so harshly. (Patricia Holland)

If there are barriers, it is because we have created them.  We must stop looking for our differences and look for what we have in common.

We need to not only love each other more but love each other better.

 
We need to rejoice in our divine differentness.

SO WHAT?
I don't know why we as women have a tendency to compare ourselves to one another and judge ourselves inferior. I have surely done so.  It is true that there are women who are prettier than I; there are also women who are less pretty.  There are women who are more intelligent than I and women who are less intelligent.  There are women who are healthier than I and others who are less healthy.  All of this begs the question: why should any of that matter?

I am the spiritual sister of every girl and woman on earth because we share a Heavenly Father.  That should be enough.  I have been learning this lesson every day for more than a year now as my youngest birth sister has been living with me.  I have learned the truth of the statement, if there are barriers, it is because we have created them.  It is amazing what you can accomplish if you allow the Lord to help you take down those barriers and see more clearly.

NOW WHAT?

I will continue to take down barriers between myself and others and rejoice in our divine differentness with love.

Text copyright April 2014, Gebara Education
Picture from www.womensfund.org

No comments:

Post a Comment