Thursday, December 27, 2018

What's Up for 2019? What's My Excuse?


I remember as a young woman wondering if I would live long enough to see the 21st century.  Now I'm on the heels of the perfect eye-sight year: 2020!

I have done a little writing in the past two years, but not as regularly or as well as I have in  the past.  I did publish "A Pig in the Kitchen" which is available online.  I also expanded a short pamphlet I wrote for my children several years ago into a book that was published by Cedar Fort Publishing in Springville, UT.  It is called "The Words of God: 8 Crucial Bible Themes Supported by the Book of Mormon. "It is also available online at www.amazon.com and at Barnes and Noble.  Deseret Book also carries Words of God.

I started a small company called Gebara Education, LLC.  I have a web page, www.gebaraeducation.com.  I am hoping this coming year to do some educational consulting and tutoring.  I'll also use Gebara to market my four books.  It is really frustratingly slow however.  I know that I have talents to share and at least a .little wisdom gleaned over 74 years of life, but I don't know how to market effectively to get people to my pages, including this one!  I've been approached by marketing companies, but they all want over $1K to start and I don't have it. 2019 may open some doors for me.

On the downside, I've gone through a terrible, deep depression since 2016 when I retired from my job, sold my home, left Snowflake and lost my best friend. It has been 2 years of soul-deep and horrific losses.  In retrospect, I am amazed, quite frankly, that I was able to complete and publish two new books. I haven't blogged or kept up my website, both of which make me feel like a slacker.

I was very ill in September and was in the ER on three different occasions.  It seems I have developed vertigo, most likely as a result of the debilitating depression which effects body, mind, and soul. I'm much better now, but still suffering on days when things flare up.  This has limited my driving, which is a huge loss of independence for me. I'm hoping to put all of this behind me in 2019. I cut my last anchor on Christmas Day and hopefully I won't allow it to reel me back into despair.

I had trouble accessing my blog this morning and my web-page says it is unsecured.  So much for New Year's Resolutions!

Michelangelo is reported to have said encore imaro: I am still learning.  He was in his late 80s.  I am at least a decade younger than he at the time he said it. What's my excuse?



No comments:

Post a Comment