Sunday, March 3, 2013

Come Boldly to the Throne of Grace

Some years ago, Garth Brooks sang about thanking God for unanswered prayers.  The truth is, all prayers are answered.  It's just that they aren't always answered in the way we would have liked.  I remember many times when I received answers 2 or 3 to a fervent prayer.  One time led me to have the courage to retire.  Another led me to my husband, Rich. 
 
But sometimes, God answers our prayers with a resounding YES, such that we cannot ignore it or chalk it up to coincidence.  I recently had a prayer answered before I could even say amen.  Another mighty prayer was answered with a mighty answer within 5 hours.  Both of these happened last week.  I could not deny the power of a faithful prayer even if I wanted to!
 
Paul tells us: Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4: 16, KJV)
 
Boldly!  I believe the Lord wants to bless us and abundantly.  He is just waiting for us to identify the problems and bring them to Him with clarity and specificity.  Then we pray the prayer that never fails: Thy will be done.  After that, we wait for His answer: (1) Yes, (2) Not yet, (3) I have something better in mind.  He always answers the prayer of faith.  We just need to listen and to recognize, with gratitude, His answers.
 
Text copyright Gebara Education March 2013
 
Poster downloaded from Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment