Friday, December 13, 2013

Aaron and Lamoni's Father ~ Another Great Story of Conversion

While Ammon was teaching the people of Lamoni, his brother, Aaron, was with Lamoni's father, who was king over all of the Lamanite lands save Ishmael, where Lamoni was king.

Like Ammon, Aaron offered to be the king's servant, but the king had another agenda.  He had seen the great love between his son and Ammon and had seen the great change in his son.  He wanted to know from whence came the light he had observed.

Aaron proceeded to teach the king the gospel from the creation of the world forward.  The king listened intently,  then he spoke:

What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy.

But Aaron said unto him: If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest.
 
And it came to pass that when Aaron had said these words, the king did bow down before the Lord, upon his knees; yea, even he did prostrate himself upon the earth, and cried mightily, saying:  O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. (Alma 22:15-18)
 
As with Lamoni, the king and all of his kingdom were converted.  Such is the power of the Holy Spirit witnessed by missionaries whose only agenda is love.
 
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins . . . We love him, because he first loved us.
(John 4: 10, 19)
 
Text copyright December 2013, Gebara Education
 


No comments:

Post a Comment