Saturday, February 16, 2013

Just Sayin' Saturday ~ Love to Love

Since we are ending this week when everyone has been writing and talking about love, I'd like to add a final word.  I think I may have posted this picture before, but I love the sentiment and know it to be true.  I have seen another's darkness, forgiven it, and loved the person more for it.  I have done so on more than one occasion and with more than one person.  It is a process that brings profound peace to me.  I can also bring peace to the other person depending on his or her choices.  But even when it doesn't heal him or her, it heals me.
 
Yesterday, one such person spent the entire day at my house cleaning up the yard, going to the dump, painting a cabinet, and lifting heavy things I could not lift, and anything else I asked, just to say thank you.  There was a new lightness in the step and a smile that went all the way to the eyes.  It was a wonderful day.
 
Paul tells us that love is kind, and patient; not easily provoked; unselfish; full of truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  It never fails. (see 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)
 
 
To this I'd like to add that love engenders love.  Jesus Christ fills us up with His light and we can let that light shine through us to another.   And the darkness can become light through Him.
 
Just sayin'.
 
Text copyright Gebara Education February 2013
 
Poster from Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment