Sunday, February 24, 2013

This is the Day the Lord Hath Made

Today is the Sabbath, literally the Lord's Day.  It represents the 7th day of Creation when the Lord saw that His work was good and He rested.  We should use this day of rest, which God has graciously given us, to renew our physical strength through rest and our spiritual strength through worship.  "Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy," He told the Children of Israel.  "Six days shall you labor and do all thy work, but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work." (Exodus 5: 13-14)  I have always believed that if God is kind enough to give me a day off to rest and refill my spiritual well, I ought to have enough sense to use it as He intended.
 
In another sense, everyday is God's day in that He gives me breath and life.  Each morning when I wake up, I ask for the wisdom to recognize His will for me that day and the courage and faith to do His will, and the serenity and peace of mind to let the rest go. 
 
 This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118: 24)
 
Text copyright Gebara Education February 2013
 
Poster downloaded from Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment