Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The honeysuckle on the fence is slowly coming back after our late May freeze and, with it, the butterflies. They are drawn to the flowers and to the water in the small fountain next to the fence. To me, butterflies are very hopeful little souls. They begin life as caterpillars; they shut themselves in cocoons for a short season; and when they emerge, they are some of the most beautful of God's creatures. I feel a kinship to butterflies as I, too, have days when I feel like a caterpillar. On other days (like today, for example) I feel drawn into myself as if I were hiding in a cocoon, away from the bitter-sweet memories and the loneliness. On such days, I have to remind myself that the butterfly isn't in her cocoon to hide from the world, but to undergo metamorphosis in order to become all that God intended for her to be. Tonight, I must connect with God and allow Him to change me. Tomorrow I will exit my cocoon and be all that God intends me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment