Wednesday, June 20, 2012

There may be nothing wrong with you, The way you live, the work you do, But I can very plainly see Exactly what is wrong with me. It isn't that I'm indolent Or dodging duty by intent; I work as hard as anyone, And yet I get so little done, The morning goes, the noon is here, Before I know the night is near, And all around me, I regret, Are things I haven't finished yet. If I could just get organized! I ofentimes have realized Not all that matters is the man; The man must also have a plan. (Douglas Malloch) As the Cheshire Cat said to Alice, if you don't know where you are going, it doesn't much matter what road you are on. But don't be surprised where you end up at the close of the day. If you want to look for excuses for why things are a mess (literally and figuratively) you will surely find them. But where will that get you at the end of the day? Daryl Hoole once wrote, "Work will win when wishing won't! . . . It's better to plan too much and get half of it done than to plan nothing and get all of it done!" (The Art of Homemaking, pp. 67, 86)

2 comments:

  1. So true. I try to be glad about what I do accomplish, but it seems like it's never enough. Maybe in a different season of life... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. It's always a comfort to know we are all human and not in this life alone!

    ReplyDelete