Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My cantaloupe plant has germinated! It is a little, 2-leaf sprout in a huge red tub. But I have faith that one day it will look like this. When I think of the 3 tiny seeds I planted in the soil, I marvel at this miniscule miracle that from a tiny seed can grow a living thing that will produce fruit with more seeds, each after its own kind. Gardens bring not only humility and faith, but also gratitude. "And I, God, said: Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, the fruit tree yielding fruit, after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed should be in itself upon the earth, and it was so even as I spake. And the earth brought forth grass, every herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed should be in itself, after his kind; and I, God, saw that all things which I had made were good; And the evening and the morning were the third day." Moses 2: 11 - 13

No comments:

Post a Comment