Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Message of the Good Shepherd

Put Your Trust in the Lord
Apostle M. Russell Ballard
 
WHAT?
Trust the Lord. He is the Good Shepherd. He knows His sheep, and His sheep know His voice; and today the voice of the Good Shepherd is your voice and my voice. And if we are not engaged, many who would hear the message of the Restoration will be passed by.

SO WHAT?
Jesus said: For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s, and of the holy angels. (Luke 9: 26)

Do we show our love for Him with our words? Are we ashamed of being Christian or do we boldly testify of Jesus Christ and the Good News which is His Gospel?

Do we show our love for Him through our deeds?  Do we love our neighbors as ourselves?  Can someone watching our behavior and demeanor know that we are Christian without being told? 

One of my favorite memories is of a university professor at a state university.  He told me at the end of the semester, "You're my favorite Mormon."  I hadn't told him I was LDS.  He knew it from watching me in his class.  My discipleship of Jesus Christ was apparent in all I said and did.

NOW WHAT? 
I have a new next-door neighbor.  He is a quiet man and it has taken awhile to get to know him.  He is restoring an old house that needs a lot of work.  I have talked to another neighbor about ways we could help him.  I am grateful that I live in a neighborhood full of wonderful people who are committed Christians in thought, word, and deed.

I need to pray specifically for ways in which I more fully can be an ambassador for the Lord Jesus Christ.
 
Text copyright October 2013, Gebara Education
Picture from multiple sources on the web

No comments:

Post a Comment