Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Light in the Darkness

My heart has felt a weight these past few days.  Not for myself, but for another.  I am preparing for Christmas.  I've trimmed the tree, wrapped presents, set up "Santa" under the tree for my great-grandchildren, sent the cards, and I am now baking and making cakes and goodies to take to friends and neighbors.  I am looking forward to spending Christmas with two of my children in the Valley and will see six of my grandchildren.  Then I plan to spend a couple of days with my mom-by-marriage.  A wonderful holiday, wouldn't you say?
 
So why do I feel heavy?  Because God has placed someone on my heart.  I cannot tell you this person's challenges without violating the person's privacy, but I feel those challenges keenly.  I feel the great out-pouring of God's love for this person through me, yet I no longer know how to reach the person.  This person's darkness is beyond being cheered by a gift or a goody or even a kind word.  For all my loquaciousness, I don't know what to say. 
 
So I pray.  And I pray again.  Throughout the day, whenever this person comes to mind (which is often) I pray.  I had one insight yesterday and I have moved on that impression and ordered something.  I hope it gets here in time.
 
In the meantime, do you have people in your life whom God has placed upon your heart?  If so, pray for them.  Then pray again.  And when you feel an impression to act, do so.  And look beyond the darkness to the son or daughter of God and love that person as Jesus would love him or her.  God bless you.
 
Text © Gebara Education, 2012
Poster downloaded from Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment