Friday, December 14, 2012

Short Musings of a Frustrated Playwright!

My blog is my sanity!  Perhaps that's why I have been feeling slightly insane this past week!  I have been stressing over the Christmas pageant.  I have five boys, age 14, as shepherds, but only one took a costume I offered.  The rest want to do their own.  I'm afraid I'll have one shepherd and four kids in jeans and/or pjs!  Mary is outfitted as is Joseph (both age 16) and the innkeeper.  The wise men have robes, but only one has a headpiece.  The other two are supposed to be making their own crowns.  Sigh! 
 
The angel Gabriel is an adult who wants to speak softly.  His wife has made him a white robe, but I don't know if he will wear it.  One of the wise men has missed all but one practice and they are singing a challenging song.  The young women's choir is good, but I thought they had a director.  They don't.  Guess who was drafted?  Sigh.  My pianist is awesome.  I haven't seen the sets yet, but I trust the set-maker, so that's okay.
 
Tomorrow will be better.  The men will show up at 10 to put up the stage and the sets and the tables.  The women will come at 10:30 to decorate tables.  The cast and crew will rehearse at 2:00 so I can see what we still need.  And at 6:00 the show will go on!
 
I think of that line from a song my dad used to sing:
 
     "Another Opening. Another Show"
 
     4 weeks, you rehearse and rehearse.
     2 weeks and it couldn't be worse.
     1 week will it ever be right?
     Then out of the hat comes that big first night.
 
Oh, and I still need to find or buy a doll to represent the baby Jesus.
 
Akkkkkk!  I think I'll move to Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment