Saturday, December 8, 2012

Just Sayin' Saturday ~ C. S. Lewis

 
A couple of months ago, I ordered an audio course on the writings of C. S. Lewis.  I was enthralled!  I have always loved him as an author and Christian apologist, but I didn't even begin to realize the scope of his work until I studied that course. 
 
Since then, I have started reading my way through a plethora of Lewis books.  I've finished all three books of his Space Trilogy and am on book five of the Narnia series.  I am rereading the Screwtape Letters and am looking forward to Pilgrim's Regress.  I want to finish reading Mere Christianity.  I've also ordered a book written about his life with his wife, Joy, called Through the Shadowlands
 
I'm thinking of hosting a book study group next year to focus solely on C. S. Lewis.  Does anyone want to come?  Seriously, let me know at gebaraedu@yahoo.com.
 
I know I'm being obsessive about these books, but I can learn so much from Lewis by reading the lines.  I learn even more by prayerfully reading between the lines. 
 
Just sayin'.

Text © 2012 Gebara Education
 
Picture downloaded from Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment