Saturday, December 1, 2012

Just Sayin' Saturday

 
Welcome to December and to my sixty-eighth birthday.  Where did the years go?  One day, I'm a young girl writing secrets in my private diary and the next day, I'm an old woman writing a plethora of things in my public blog!  I knew I was middle-aged the day I looked in the mirror and saw my mother.  I knew I was growing old when I looked in the mirror and saw my grandmother.  I know I am now old because I look in the mirror and see my father! 
 
I am grateful for all those years and for the experiences I have had.  They make me a stronger, more patient, more compassionate.  I am particularly grateful for the people in my life, beginning with my parents who gave me life.  My brother and sisters; my husband, Carmon; my four wonderful children; my grandchildren; my husband, Richard; my beautiful step-mother and sibs; my five great step-children; my great-grandchildren; and incredible friends too numerous to mention.
 
Growing older has its compensations.  I am more at home in my own skin than ever before in my life.  I am free of so many petty worries of my younger years.  When life presents challenges and questions, I know many of the answers, enough so that sometimes others actually ask me the questions!  Like Maurice Chevalier sang in Gigi, "I'm so glad that I'm not young anymore."
 
Just sayin'.
 
Text © 2012 Gebara Education

No comments:

Post a Comment