Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Just Sayin' ~ Bear Them We Must

Did you ever have a situation where someone told you that you've got to do something and, by the way, it's not going to be fun?  That's been my experience the past few days.  My peripheral vision has been diminishing the past few years, necessitating a surgical procedure which name I can't even pronounce, much less spell!  It has left me bruised and swollen and hurting and ITCHING!  I am still having trouble focusing my eyes to read or write.  I have found myself saying, "Tell me again why I did this!"

I think life is like that.  There are many things we have to do in life that are not much fun.  Some of them are downright painful to bear, but bear them we must.  I think that is the reason for the phrase, "This too shall pass."  

When I am healed, I will see many things more clearly than I have in years. Until them, I remind myself that "This too will pass," anoint my eyes with antibiotic ointment, and put on my dark glasses.  Oh, the price we pay for improvement!

Just Sayin'


Text copyright Gebara Education Jan 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment