Saturday, January 5, 2013

Just Sayin' Saturday

I've been working this week in my backyard shed.  It now has power and water and insulation.  My grandson and a friend came over New Year's Day and we painted the inside.  I still have to finish the floors, but must wait until the utility sink is installed.  Soon it will be a wonderful place for my sewing and crafts as well as a place of quietude.  The view from the window is spectacular as I can see the steeple of my church over the treetops.  In the summer, I'll have those beautiful garden views. 

It's not a shed anymore.  I'm renaming it The Cottage.

It's nice to take something that has been fairly useless and full of junk and turn it into something lovely and productive.  I think that is what God does to us when necessary.  If we've let our lives slip into unproductivity and full of the refuse of sin, God can clean us out, make major improvements (often a painful process) and fill us up with beautiful things.  When He does, it then behooves us to help others come to Christ so that their lives can be refurbished and beautified as well.

Just sayin'.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.  (Revelation 3: 12, KJV)

Text copyright Gebara Education, January 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment